Monday, January 23

Jacob swims again!!!

After a more than 2 month hiatus from swimming, Jacob returned to the water. We went with Grandpa and Uncle Eric. At first, I think he forgot what swimming was all about. He clung to Mommy and Daddy like we were going to drop him. He wouldn't let go! I tried to let him go on his tummy and splash and kick, but he would have nothing to do with it. I tried sitting him on the side of the pool. He just cried. I was heartbroken! I was sure he would never enjoy the water again. This went on for about a half hour.

Then, Uncle Eric took him. He started throwing him in the air. Jacob loved it! He started laughing! I then tried with him again. He finally started to be okay. It didn't take long after that for him to be the "Kicking Baby" that he used to be. He was basically trying to swim right out of my arms after that! He was jumping into my arms from the side and everything! I was so happy!

So, we are determined to try to go swimming weekly again! Jacob loves it so much!

Mommy

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn Nusbaum said...

Yaay! It was fun! I want to go again on Saturday! Can you invite more friends to come too, mommy? :)

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home